• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mid-TN Caravan sign up

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Ok y'all...we're ready with the caravan information. Here is what the plan in.

This will be THURSDAY JUNE 30.

7:30 am--meet in Lebanon EXIT 238 (S) OFF I-40 AT THE PILOT STATION
7:45 am--depart for Cookeville
8:45 am--Arrive in Cookeville EXIT 288 (S) OFF I-40 AT THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE TRUCK STOP
9:00 am CT--depart for Knoxville
11:45 am ET--Arrive in Knoxville EXIT 6 (N) OFF I-640 AT THE PILOT STATION...WE WILL ALSO HAVE A QUICK FAST FOOD LUNCH BEFORE HEADING NORTH. THERE IS ARBY'S, CICI'S, LONG JOHN SILVER, MCDONALDS, SONIC, SUBWAY, AND TACO BELL AT THIS EXIT. THERE IS ALSO AN ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, AUTOZONE, NAPA, KROGER, WALGREENS, AND TARGET IF WE NEED PROVISIONS OR PARTS
12:30 pm-depart Knoxville from the Pilot station
2:45 pm--arrive Harlan

Of course, all times are approximate

So, let's start the list so we have an idea of who to expect at each stop. Cut and paste the list below into a new reply.

LEBANON EXIT 238---7:30 AM CT
1. Dirk DeYoung

COOKVILLE EXIT 288---8:45 AM CT

KNOXVILLE EXIT 6---11:45 AM ET

Ok y'all...we're ready with the caravan information. Here is what the plan in.

This will be THURSDAY JUNE 30.

7:30 am--meet in Lebanon EXIT 238 (S) OFF I-40 AT THE PILOT STATION
7:45 am--depart for Cookeville
8:45 am--Arrive in Cookeville EXIT 288 (S) OFF I-40 AT THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE TRUCK STOP
9:00 am CT--depart for Knoxville
11:45 am ET--Arrive in Knoxville EXIT 6 (N) OFF I-640 AT THE PILOT STATION...WE WILL ALSO HAVE A QUICK FAST FOOD LUNCH BEFORE HEADING NORTH. THERE IS ARBY'S, CICI'S, LONG JOHN SILVER, MCDONALDS, SONIC, SUBWAY, AND TACO BELL AT THIS EXIT. THERE IS ALSO AN ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, AUTOZONE, NAPA, KROGER, WALGREENS, AND TARGET IF WE NEED PROVISIONS OR PARTS
12:30 pm-depart Knoxville from the Pilot station
2:45 pm--arrive Harlan

Of course, all times are approximate

So, let's start the list so we have an idea of who to expect at each stop. Cut and paste the list below into a new reply.

1. Dirk DeYoung

1. Ed Robbins

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Mark Morton and crew

1. Ed Robbins

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Mark Morton and crew
3. Allen Riezinger
1. Ed Robbins

That means im going to be an early bird to make it from exit 172 to 238 by 7:30. I love it!! Got to pay to play!!:D

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Mark Morton and crew
3. Allen Riezinger

1. Ed Robbins

Surely we have more than this going!!!

How many are you expecting to join in Knoxville Doug? Do you know if anyone from the Chattanooga area or points south are planning to meet up in Knoxville?

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Mark Morton and crew
3. Allen Riezinger

1. Ed Robbins

1. Doug and crew

Well last year we met up later in the afternoon but I haven't talked to the crew about their travel plans yet....

You guys met up with Tim and Tyler coming out of Chattanooga.

Let's hope you make the drive awake, 'cause I'm gonna be following you.....

Team Struggle will meet up with Doug in Knox Thur A.M.

As long as we don't take that busted ass road we took last year.

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Mark Morton and crew
3. Allen Riezinger

1. Ed Robbins

1. Doug and crew
2. Rredalty and lady

best way is the take 40/75 to the 640 (exit 385) and the broadway exit (exit 6), take a left at the second light off the exit and drive until you get into ky and a sign for harlan going right (us 119), follow that rd till it t's at a light take a left (us 119/us 421) and keep driving till you see harlan county campground..... its quicker thasn the way google gave you even though its a trip through rural tn

best way is the take 40/75 to the 640 (exit 385) and the broadway exit (exit 6), take a left at the second light off the exit and drive until you get into ky and a sign for harlan going right (us 119), follow that rd till it t's at a light take a left (us 119/us 421) and keep driving till you see harlan county campground..... its quicker thasn the way google gave you even though its a trip through rural tn

and im guessing thats the best way for towing?

edit: this route

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=2...Kn6R5mKJw&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1&t=h&z=11

Last edited:
Back