• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery leaf springs, need help identifying

nrwphoto

NAXJA Forum User
I am now the proud owner of a FREE set of unknown/mystery leaf springs. They were still in the plastic wrap when I got them, but the paper/sticker tags on both the plastic and on one of the springs is so faded you can't make anything out.

The spring clamp has stamped into it, MAF0754 and S&G on the bottom of the springs, guessing manufacturer. But I have searched that part number and come up with nothing.

Measurements: 4 leaf pack, eye to eye centers straight across is 50"+/-, 54" eye to eye, if you run the tape along the bottom of the spring. The springs have a 7" arch, and if I stand on them and bounce up and down a couple of times to get them to settle then measure they sag about 1.5", with me being about 180lbs, which gives a spring rate around 120# +/-. From center of main eye to center pin is 21.5" and 31.25" to the rear (small) eye. They are 2.5" wide and a total thickness of 1.33".

Any ideas on what these might go to and weather they would be usable on my 98' UpCountry with sagging rear end? I am looking for a little bit of lift as well, 2-3". I would also consider, using these and my factory springs for a bastard pack. Thanks

A picture is worth a thousand words.:rof:

I have them stored out at my dad's right now, and unable to get a picture for a couple of days. Sorry, he is a little tech illiterate so unable to have him send me one.

I dont know numbers off the top of my head but in either case... take that leaf pack apart, keep the main leaf someplace for future use & add the 3 lower leaves in some fashion to your pack. if you leave your main leaf in you'll save yourself a heck of a lot of time / swearing / bloody knuckles... you could use 2 second leaves or whaever to Gain a little perhaps even help if you ever tow a trailer.

I haven't looked very hard, but I can't find one with the exact measurements you gave.

I've been looking at this chart:
http://littlekeylime.com/MrN/mrnimages/leaf_springs.png

If you have some time on your hands, try going through this catalog:
http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=1&pg=1

Thanks for the links, yes I will deffinately look at those sites a bit more tonight. Thing about these springs is the guy I got them from didn't know anything about them. But hey they are brand new and free.

I dont know numbers off the top of my head but in either case... take that leaf pack apart, keep the main leaf someplace for future use & add the 3 lower leaves in some fashion to your pack. if you leave your main leaf in you'll save yourself a heck of a lot of time / swearing / bloody knuckles... you could use 2 second leaves or whaever to Gain a little perhaps even help if you ever tow a trailer.

Yes I was kinda thinking something along those lines as well. Any idea what the factory spring rates are for the XJ? I am just a little nervous if these are to soft.

Back