• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for wiring/electrical experts...

TheCaptain

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased an electric fan kit from Dirtbound Offroad (Link). I am trying to figure out how to wire it up so that the 2 fans (#2 & #3) come on with the Air Conditioning without generating a CEL. My XJ is a 1997 with the 4.0L.

Basically the way it works now is that the 1st fan comes on at 185° and the 2nd & 3rd fans come on at 205° using an inline thermostatic switch.

I have researched as much as i could understand from a few threads here and i believe i have it figured out, but i would like to hear from any experts to confirm.

Below is a diagram i made (sorry if it sucks), please have a look and let me know your opinion. Thanks!

FanWiring2.jpg

Hmm... i thought doing that would trigger a CEL on my 97. This is the thread i got most of the info from: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1025399

The software is Microsoft Visio... it can do alot better than this, i just threw this one together quickly.

Back