• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's it worth? Ford 8.8

XJWOLF

NAXJA Forum User
Just a feeler question. I've got a Ford 8.8 with Super88 kit Ected diff and 4.10 precision gears. About 3 years old. setup for a Yj with a missing shock bracket. rear disc brakes and NO parking brakes. No cables or parts. Has brakelines and everything functions.

So whats it worth?

Thanks in advance.

well the going rate for a 4.10 8.8 disk with l.s. is 300 private party. 200 if you find one at pick a part. with a super 8.8 kit id say 500 is a fair price maybe a little more.

Yeah, $500 would be okay...problem is that on here lots of guts want bolt in ready for that kind of money. But if you sell it to a YJ owner, might even get more.

Just a feeler question. I've got a Ford 8.8 with Super88 kit Ected diff and 4.10 precision gears. About 3 years old. setup for a Yj with a missing shock bracket. rear disc brakes and NO parking brakes. No cables or parts. Has brakelines and everything functions.

So whats it worth?

Thanks in advance.

I would say $6-700 real world these days. It has alloys as well as a nice locker already geared. The shafts have dual gear patterns as well. Did you put the C-Clip eliminator in it too? As I guess it would cost $1400 to modify the axle today just to get it to that point (never mind the cost of the axle). 1/2 that is reasonable.

The brackets can be changed easy enough to accomodate a XJ/MJ/YJ and with some more work a YJ.

I sold my 8.8 a few years ago with an ARB and 4.88 gears (and stock shafts) for $1100 on eBay.

I wouldn't sell it to the cheap bastards here on Naxja .!. :D .!.

Last edited:
You guys really consider 4.10's to be "geared" 8.8's with 4.10 aren't that hard to find. But yeah, the alloys and what not are worth a few bucks. But honestly, I think most guys that would buy alloys for an 8.8 are gonna need/want deeper gears.

they arent that easy to find. not at a decent price anyway. and yes the super 8.8 kit has the c clip elim on it already so his axle is worth it. it 4.10 locker alloys disk brakes and c clip eliminator. and a 8.8 simple swap kit is 100 bucks from ruff stuff. for the right price you will sell it no problem at all. 500 - 700 is a good staring point.

Back