• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

useless question about lights and picture of my jeep

HuntMarsh

NAXJA Forum User
i'll admit, i have a bit of a problem. i have an addiction to adding lights to my jeep. i'm sure many of you have some experience in treating such addictions so i figured this would be the proper place to ask. maybe i'm just thinking out loud here, but i recently acquired a pair of KC rectangle flood lights, and want to add them to my jeep. i feel that i have enough forward-facing wattage(four 100watt driving lights on roof, h3 bulbs in headlights, and two 50watt fogs on bumper), so i wanted to add them somewhere on the roof sides/rear. i do alot of /camping/hunting out of this jeep, so i was thinking something to illuminate the rear/cargo area of the jeep. anybody have any pictures of something done similar or recent experience/advice? havent decided if i want them inside or out, but was thinking about even cutting holes in the rear hatch panel so they face downward into the rear cargo area. would i have any problems with heat starting anything on fire or anything?

again, thinking out loud and also looking for any ideas/advice.
also included a picture of the jeep i'm talking about, because i dont think i've posted a picture of this one on here. nothing special, 4.0 4x4 with 3in RC lift, dual battery set-up and painted to match my duck boat.

thanks again guys,
hunt
IMAGE_206.jpg

i have a hella 500, mounted upside down, vertically bolted up, right inside my rear hatch in the upper left hand corner. i use it ALL THE TIME. the way the hella500 mounts, its designed to fold down, so theres basically 2 positions, one straight down (illuminates the whole cab, ive got a white xj without carpet or interior, so it reflects thru the entire cab, think giant lightbulb.) then varying degress of straight back, which works ok as a 1-axis
spotlight. the driver cant see this light if he strained his neck, so no visibility blockage.

on my old XJ, I cut holes in the factory rear bumper and mounted them inside the bumper so they shined out rear facing. Pretty easy to do.

I suggest getting some LED lights to mount on the rear ceiling somewhere, maybe the inside of the hatch or on the D pillars. This would simplify the wiring since you only need thin wires to power the LED's.

Back