• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need opinions on wheels.

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
i found some wheels i liked at quadratec. the choice is between 3 styles. d windows, soft 8 or the v5. they are the cragar steel ones. yes i know that there are probably better wheels out there but these fit my budget for now... im leaning more towards the v5 because i dont really see too many of them around. mostly soft 8 and d wins. my main question is what back spacing do i need. i have a 4.5 rc lift and it recommends 3.75 b.s. but i have seen other 4.5 inch lift kits that recommend 4 inch or 4.5 inch back spacing. i have 32 bfg km1 on my stock wheels and they rub on the coil, the sway bar link, and the lower control arm. just want to make sure i order the right stuff so i dont have to go through any problems. i know this is beating a dead horse but i used the search button and didnt find my answer. i dont know anything about wheels offsets or b.s. and how it all works. all i know is i want a 15 inch rim with 5 on 4.5. one thing i wonder about is why would different companies recommend different b.s. for the same size lift? the 32s are brand new so when i eat them up im probably going to 33 for sure maybe 35 so i want a wheel that will accept this. i would really like some education about wheels and their specs and measurments. ive looked up wheel measurements tables but i was really able to figure it out so any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

Backspacing is measured from the back of the wheel mounting surface to the back lip of the wheel.

I ran 4" bs wheels with 35s and they don't rub. A lower number will make your tires stick out farther. I would recommend 4" bs.

Stock wheels are 5"ish bs I think. 4" bs would give you 1" more clearance. That's plenty for what you have.

offset is the measurement from the wms (wheel mounting surface) to the CENTERLINE of the wheel, instead of the farthest inside part of the wheel.

oh: dont worry too much about it, all the wheels you listed, are built for jeep wheels, you'll be fine. quadratec doesnt even list offset, summit does, and the differance between soft8's and v-5's, is 2mm. you shouldnt be worried about minimal differances.

Last edited:
Back