• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32" Tires on 3" of Lift - City/Highway use only

PwdrJunki

NAXJA Forum User
Can I put 32" Tires on a 3" lift with no plans to go wheelin? Strictly a daily driver for looks.

99% City and Highway miles.

Can I run em?.....or do I need to do any cutting/back spacing or bumper stop's?

I saw some post's about this but did not find any relating to STRICTLY STREET USE ONLY.

Thanks.

I doubt it...

I had 285/75/16 (measured 32" tall) on a rough country 3" lift

they rubbed like CRAZY in the front... after I cut the snot outta the fenders it was just fine

32 BFG ATs on Canyon rims with WJ control arms. I don't have much a problem unless at full turn I can hear the treads rub a little bit. Using RE 3.5 coils in the front

If you trim the wheel arches, it is possible. Check your local laws regarding arch modification. Do not forget to change the differential gear ratios accordingly. Otherwise your fuel economy and the pleasure of driving could be reduced.

Shouldn't be a problem since u will never stuff the tires in the wheel wells on city streets you will need wheel spacers or rims with 4'' of back spacing. If you decide to off road just trim where you rub which will most likely will be the plastic bumper caps. Next time use the search engine this has been covered to many times.

You'll rub on the lower control arm when parallel parking.
You'll soak up a ton of MPG for no reason but vanity.
Your car will *suck* at climbing hills (Brooklyn bridge?) unless you re-gear.
You will at some point wish you'd bought a Honda hatchback & lowered it.
Other than that, you'll be fine. Go for it.

Look, more web wheelers!

Yes, it will work just fine. Bought my Jeep with a 3" Rusty's lift and 32's. I think the original wheels were 8" wide with 4.5" BS. If you look at the first pic, you can see the bottom of the front bumper where it was trimmed ever so slightly so the tire wouldn't rub while turning. Didn't rub the LCA's either. Drove it for a while on the street only before modding more. Stock gearing was fine for a while, but got a million times better when I regeared to 4.56's.

trimspot.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

Same lift with trimmed fenders, looks better to me :)

100_0830.jpg

jeepcherokee.jpg

IMG_7256.JPG

Here are the two i found on another forum both supposedly have no problems both have 3 inch lift on 32's... I just found them by searching cherokee with 3 inch lift on 32's came write up. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Other have pretty much already said, but few things you SHOULD do.
WJ LCA's and/or aftermarket rims with less BS, bumpstops, minor trimming

Thanks for all the insight and Help. I tried searching but I'm new to the site and each search returned 0 posts. Must be doing something wrong.

I'll tell ya , for a newbie, this is a tough site to navigate. Ill get the hang of it soon enough.

A lot of it depends on what lift kit you get. A 3" kit will give you anywhere from 2 to 4.5" of actual lift. Also depends on what tires you get and how worn the tread is. Tires vary in actual size by manufacturer.

If you don't trim and you leave the factory flares, 33s will rub a lot with a 3" lift. My 31s rubbed when I put a 3" kit on.

If you aren't going to wheel then I'd recommend a mild lift (2"ish) with 31s. It will give your truck a more aggressive look without sacrificing too much mileage and driveability. Plus you shouldn't have to worry about SYEs, re-gearing, and aftermarket wheels.

Here is 3" with brand new 31s. They rubbed a little bit on the street, but not bad. Rode nice too and was fine with 3.55 gears.

IMG_1627.JPG

Ok. So Here my Project as of now. Hope the photos load. She's just for camping, fishing Surf and snowboarding.

( Im not sure how much actual lift I got, how would I measure that?)
SO
-I bought some new rims and 30" BFG AT's
-Installed a 2" rubicon lift and the damn rear add-a-leaf snapped and blew out the rear shock if you can believe that from no off roading.
-So I then installed a 3" zone lift
-Sanded and Painted her with Durabak bed liner ( but I'm going to repaint her this summer ALL BLACK)

Click to Enlarge

1_1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1_2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1_3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1_6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1_8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1_9.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

and so far thats it. Had plans for more but with 140,000 on her I needed to do some basic up keep which set me back a bit. Mostly fixing the AC.

Next is Hella 500 fog/driving set on a bumper mounted light bar/ Tinting/ Some Wrangler duratrack 32's or 33's and a Detours usa Rear tire carrier.

Last edited:
Back