• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear coil over

JeepingDan

NAXJA Forum User
This summer I'm planning on doing the conversion since I have a 8.8 sitting here waiting to get the brackets cut up to fit.
But after browsing all morning and seeing the really high prices I was wondering if it would be cheaper just to build it myself.
Just one thing.. I could not find any measurements of the long arms and such to save my freaking life.
Anybody got these? :rattle:

I'm confident to do it. I have a shop with all the equipment I need. I've been welding and working with metal for almost 15 years now.
If I get my hands on DOM and ballistics for long arms and build a cross member just under the rear out put shaft and work from there.
I know it's a lot of work but I don't mind building my own stuff.

What exactly are you looking for? Just link lengths? Trying to copy a kit? Not really sure how that is going to help you a whole lot, but mine are about 37.5" for the lowers and 27" for the uppers.

RearAxleExhaustShot.jpg

Not copy. Just some good advise here.
Btw thats a badass set up you got there.
Ah, really the link lengths are not the most important thing back there. Placement and fitment of both the coilovers and the links are a much bigger piece of the pie.
Thanks, it works pretty well.

Back