• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED options for a 99 Cherokee?

MellowFellow

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a LED Tail light for the 97+ CHerokee XJs?

An LED 3rd brake light?

ANd in your guys option whats the nicest headlight fixture to use if I'm going to run 6k h4 HIDS??

THANKS GUYS!
Can't wait to start modding my 99 Cherokee! :thumbup:

6k is too blue... even for socal. i prefer IPF housings. if you want to get into the hid-in-a-regular-housing debate, go search it out, but frankly the debate is just a little bit 'tarded. it works fine, XXXX the other people they shouldnt be driving cars that sit so low. bmw's annoy the shit outta me, from the factory, why emulate that? i live in the desert, when i need light i turn on the 9" HID lights on the bumper, dont do much mountain road driving.

as far as the LED tailight thing, im pretty sure he means aftermarket wise... go checkout jcr's site.

No LED tail lights.

There was a LED 3rd brake light. Check ebay.

And there is only one bolt in housing that is correct for HID. http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/HID-Headlights-x6054.htm
HA! $600-1100 for an HID kit?! Keeping elitists like you and danman2k6 happy isn't that important to me. I have Autopals but I'm not happy with the pattern so I plan on upgrading to IPF or Hella soon.

Also, I have 6000k's and while the light itself looks blue, the light that hits the ground is pure white. I don't care if it looks blue to oncoming as long as the color is good on the ground. I'd probably buy 4300k though if I did it again.

How is that elitist? I don't even have those. I'm perfectly happy with my halogen Cibies. I am just sick of being blinded by glare from HIDs in a halogen housing.

as far as the LED tailight thing, im pretty sure he means aftermarket wise... go checkout jcr's site.
I don't know.. looking at what else he asked I am pretty sure he wants a LED stock type housing.

I'd probably buy 4300k though if I did it again.

sounds like my experience, which i tried to share with the OP.
talyn's kit is PROJECTOR, hid kit, not a conversion kit.

lets not be 'tarded, and confuse them with simple hid conversion kits, we would be as stupid as our bloo headlights make us look!

tsk tsk!

Well...I'm totally ok with blinding people with my 6000k h4's as long as I find a semi-appropriate housing for them, so I'm assuming a glass one should do the trick?
I already have that kit, which is why I want to use so I don't have to buy new.
If I'm blinding others that means my lights are working well, which is all I care about when driving streets at night or desert.
That kit you posted is about as much as I bought my first jeep for, so I'll pass.

Still looking for led tail light housing online. Found the post 96- ones...but not the 97+

Blinding other drivers doesn't mean your lights are doing their job. Putting a good usable pattern on the ground while being as unobtrusive to others as possible is the sign of good lighting. If you can see great but others can't, you're just creating problems for everyone else.

I've heard lots of good said about the IPF housings, I'd look into them.

Well...I'm totally ok with blinding people with my 6000k h4's as long as I find a semi-appropriate housing for them, so I'm assuming a glass one should do the trick?
I already have that kit, which is why I want to use so I don't have to buy new.
If I'm blinding others that means my lights are working well, which is all I care about when driving streets at night or desert.
That kit you posted is about as much as I bought my first jeep for, so I'll pass.

Still looking for led tail light housing online. Found the post 96- ones...but not the 97+

Until they're so blind they run into you head on. Then you'll care about blinding others.

Installed them on a TJ I used to have and loved them. They're f'n sweet!

Of course reverse lighting is yet another area for serious improvement.

Back