• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR or JKS T-case Skid.. Can't decide.

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
I like them both but not really sure which direction to go in.

The JCR covers more but it looks as if maintenance or access to the T-case would suck. Then again, how often do you need to service the T-case?

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2...PROD&Product_Code=XJSKD&Category_Code=XJArmor

The JKS covers less but seems more accesible when filling the case with oil and what not. It also apparently tucks the case up higher than stock.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...&t_s=101&t_pt=4913&t_pl=103284&t_pn=JKSOGS400

Anyone have any experience with any of these products? I'd like to Order one ASAP so i can install it in time for Socal Fest.

Thanks!

Make it yourself .!. :D .!.

Between those two, I'd definitely go JCR over JKS. I spent my money on the TnT belly pan, which is much bigger than both and has a crazy beefy mounting system. Its one of the few things on my Jeep I haven't removed or replaced over the years. Had to modify it to fit my longarms, but it still holds strong.

which offers better ground clearance? the less you hit it, the less its strength matters. ;)

I like the JKS one better.

the the stock crossmember is still between the unirail and the "big steel plate", when the stock crossmember crushes whats left to keep the trans/trasfercase in place?

I love my JKS.

DSC_0088.jpg

IMG_20110122_183811.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

I believe the JKS is stronger but damn it hangs down.

IMG_20110122_183811.jpg

Nice hack n tap :D

Nice hack n tap :D

Like the invisible driveshaft and all of the silicon too? :D

Also keep in mind that I have a 242 so it hangs down a little lower than the 231.

Yeah, im trying to decide which hangs lower and give me more clearance. NOt too sure still. :p JKS on is more $$ and i dont want it to hang lower than it already does.

The JKS looks just like the one I had jeeperjohn make for me. Mine is lacking the skidplate, but it will get one at some point.

EDIT: I vote for the JCR as it's cheaper and would give better coverage. My plan for mine is to do a bigger plate off the back and try to add something to the front as well.

Last edited:
The JKS looks just like the one I had jeeperjohn make for me. Mine is lacking the skidplate, but it will get one at some point.

But the JKS has nice welds :D

Also keep in mind that I have a 242 so it hangs down a little lower than the 231.

How much clearance is there between the t-case and the skid? I gotta build something like that to cover my 242. Im thinking a JKS-style crossmember/hoop skid but tucked up a tad higher if possible with better mounts.

How much clearance is there between the t-case and the skid? I gotta build something like that to cover my 242. Im thinking a JKS-style crossmember/hoop skid but tucked up a tad higher if possible with better mounts.

I can take some with my actual camera once I get it back...

IMG_20110428_181306.jpg

IMG_20110428_181341.jpg

Back