• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC leaf bushings.

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my RC leaf bushings have failed yet again! Does anyone have a replacement part # for Moog or energy suspention? Thanks

TTT. I searched before I posted this and now after hours of searching again... I haven't come up with any other answer but "call rough country". This is the second set of leafs from them and yet there bushings have failed in less than a yr each. I really don't want there bushings and no coin for new leaf packs. Will OEM bushings fit? Or any other options out there? Thanks

Mine are completely blown too, all of them. This what happens when you cheap out, you get f**ked in the end and it wind up costing you twice as much. I'm going with Clayton leaf packs. Never buying anything from RC again!

Lol.. Hey man I hear ya. I have a set of RE1462 that needs shackle end bushings that I'd like to use. But the whole RE thing seems to put a damper on that to. Unless there is a place I'm not seeing where I can get them?

since youre in SD, give national spring a call. they can make you some out of poly or rubber. they are down here in east county.

Have you found anything out yet? I just installed the RC rear springs a couple of months ago with the long arm kit, and the rear eyelet bushings are destroyed. I'd rather not go back to the same part if I can upgrade, even if RC will replace them for free.

I haven't looked for RC bushings yet. I came across some RE and been on the hunt for replacements on those. However... I called National Spring in El Cajon (local for me) and they will have replacement in the dementions I gave them tomorrow. I would strongly recommend a local spring shop in your area. I just don't see replacing crap bushings with crap bushings from RC. I will post up a part number for RC and RE as soon as I get them.

Cody90XJ- RC has always been good about making good with there product. IIRC Jason at RC is the guy to talk to over there. I just talk to who ever though. They are pretty quick to send out replacement parts hassle free.

If you guys can take pics of your failed parts. Send them to Todd over there with a short email describing what's failed, he will make sure it gets to the R&D department. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have wasted one set of bushing from RC in 3 years and thats was my bad. I forgot to retighten after installing new shackles. Both of my jeeps have RC lifts and i run about every weekend.It takse me 2 min to get to a playground behind my house. I don't baby my junk at all..
Plus the melted one , she bent her tail pipe.But again i can't blame anybody for that one.

At least a couple years ago, maybe longer, the question came up about replacing non-stock-sized poly bushings. At the time I had a link saved for jeep parts that listed bushing dimensions. If I remember right, the various aftermarket spring manufacturers use either the XJ stock bushing size, or the old CJ/YJ bushing size. The CJ/YJ bushing size seems to be the most common, probably so the manufacturer can use CJ/YJ poly bushings, which are pretty common, and pretty cheap.

The answer I came up with was to use either a rubber CJ/YJ bushing(stock bushing) or a full size wagoner bushing, which has the inner and outer sleeve and a compressed bushing(the CJ bushing requires a specific length bolt or a custom inner sleeve to get proper bushing compression)

Here's a link at rockauto
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...88&partkey=227703&a=FRc1184385k227703-3179205

This should work if you have the 1.5" rear bushing eye.

Etatum21: Maybe I'm confused. (wouldn't be the first time:dunno:) We're talking about the leaf spring. Are you referring to the FRONT bushing on the spring(the fixed end) or the REAR bushing(the one bolted to the shackle)

My wording was poor. I am talking about the rear bushing on the rear spring, shackle end. The diameter of the rear shackle eyelet bushing on my spring is about 2 1/4". I didn't mean to say "width", as that would imply the measurement of the spring width. The front, fixed bushing is much larger, I will measure when I get a chance. I don't know if they changed springs from the older kit referenced above?

Call National Spring. Give them the ID of the spring eye and width you want and don't look back! There poly mix is just right. Not to soft yet not rock hard. I ditched my RC springs, went with used RE leafs and put National Spring bushings in them! DONE!

Back