• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 1st gear wont stay in

HangtownXJ

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hi all, long time lurker, don't post much, TIA for hearing me out.

This is my second XJ with the AX-15 and I have searched for quite a while and can't find any solid solution or suggestion on how to fix this problem.

Every other gear works as it should and holds strong except for 1st. I can shift it into 1st with no issues and as soon as I hit the gas it will strongly pop out with a bang.

I read it might be low on fluid so I did a fluid change today with Redline MTL and made no difference. Also being cold or hot makes no difference.

Any ideas what I might look at next?

Might look at a rebuild....mine did the same thing right after i had it rebuilt and i called to complain...they pulled it apart right there and it had a bad 1-2 syncro....after some complaining (the nice way LoL) i got my money back and they paid to have it rebuilt at a more reputible shop....No problems going on 5 years now

Back