• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxima Dual fan setup?

MancheMike

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and came up empty...

Anyone here running dual electric fans out of a maxima? If so... pics? Write-ups? How did you wire it?

The factory electric aux fan in my 2001 XJ exploded (missing fins, broken shroud, etc) so I am looknig at other options. I thought about Taurus, but am hoping not to have to run switches to the interior, and just let the ECU handle the work.

I've not seen that particular model used here on NAXJA before that I remember. What the specs on the fan unit? Size, depth, amps, cfm?

I have a maxima and from what I can remember the radiator, and as a result the fans, are a couple inches taller on the max than the cherokee.

The 89-94 came with a dual 12" electric setup (as did the 95+) that is a VERY common swap into z-cars, is used by hotrodders, is dropped into chebby trucks to help cool v8's, etc. There are rumors of it doing great in front of 4.0 wranglers, but no pics or writeups that I can find... and some are in XJ's, but again no write-ups that I can find.

I can't find CFM ratings, but they aren't as tall as the Taurus fans so they should fit easily.

I was hoping someone on here had them in....

The 89-94 came with a dual 12" electric setup (as did the 95+) that is a VERY common swap into z-cars, is used by hotrodders, is dropped into chebby trucks to help cool v8's, etc. There are rumors of it doing great in front of 4.0 wranglers, but no pics or writeups that I can find... and some are in XJ's, but again no write-ups that I can find.

I can't find CFM ratings, but they aren't as tall as the Taurus fans so they should fit easily.

Sounds like a good option. Do it and tell us about it.

I guess they got bigger fans at some point, unless I measured incorrectly those in my 02 are taller than the cherokee radiator. Anyway, if you go at it let us know how it goes

Ive never heard of a max with a cooling problem that was running right, and I believe theyre only 2 row (or possibly 1?) so I can see it being plenty of flow. my second fan (in the max) only comes on when im in traffic and its pretty warm out so...

Back