• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help! Or a trailer...or both

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
So yesterday I put new steering on the Grand. i got the Rusty's kit. Well made, everything fit nicely. I did the home alignmet job until I can get it aligned at the end of the week. Drove it to work today and got death wobble bad enough that the front driveshaft contacted body. Looked underneath and the only control arm bushing I glanced at has been backed out by the wobble. I can't afford to fix it until this coming weekend. I am going to replace bushings, the track bar bushing was a little worn, so I think the play int he old steering was masking and allowing enough movement to feel smooth while driving. I am looking to get new control arm bushings, new ball joints, new track bar (stock replacement), and get it aligned at a shop. My question is this: Does anyone in the san Diego area have a trailer big enough to fit a 95 grand cherokee (full time 4wd, otherwise I would flat tow it) and an hour to help me get it home up to Camp Pendleton? If not, I can let it sit in my work parking lot here on base, but I would really like to be able to get it home and start inspecting damage and trying to figure out what, if anything, else I need to get it right again. Thanks for looking and have a great one!

Doc

deathwobble will show itself in the same way flat towing that it will driving.

if you want to pay for a uhaul trailer and my diesel, i can leave here in an hour to come tow it. i need more notice to pickup the trailer i typically use (which is up in LA).

Never thought of it like that...Good point! I think I might have found a tow dolly...if they can rent it to me for cheap enough, I will get the wife to drive her grand down here and we will do it that way. Cal, I thank you for the offer, but I wouldn't be able to pay you until next week, and I don't want to leave you with your butt int he breeze for that long. Hopefully I have it figured out though.

Bless you Sir! i think I found a trailer up at Pendleton that my wifes WJ can tow. I have to call them in a few when they got back from a meeting. I will update as needed.

Ok, I found a trailr and called in a favor from a guy I did some work for. Win-win! Momma is going to grab it and swing down shortly. Thanks for the help guys! NAXJA still has the coolest folks around!

carefull with the towing.

if youre using a tow dolly do yourself a favor and disconnect the rear driveshaft. not always necessary but its cheap insurance.

Back