• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trough Trail, Moab, 21 Road

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
For those that don't venture into the Moab thread.

Yella and I are looking at running Trough Trail Sunday May 22nd, heading out to Moab all week then running 21 Road (Grand Junction) on our way out on the 27th or 28th.

Anybody want to join us?

Last edited:
I didn't realize Through trail was so close, is it open already? I want to run it, like now. :D

what do you guys think about trough? could I make it with a D30 on 33's with a locker and not destroy my axle?

what do you guys think about trough? could I make it with a D30 on 33's with a locker and not destroy my axle?

Yes you could. I've run it several times with my rig on 33's. It's interesting because it changes all the time, but you should be fine.

I might try and meet you guys on the 22nd to run Trough. You planning on doing the spur? (never been up there)

I will run the first spur, Trough Your Rocker, but not the second one. The second one is not for my Jeep! I watched it swallow and deny a set of 40's last year.

33's should be fine. I do suggest skidplates/rocker guards for anyone doing this trail.

I"d definitely like to hit this one with you all then. do you have any idea what time you'll be starting the trail?

Won't be making this run or the Moab trip guys....... This sucks on an epic level.

My neck has gotten worse and it's keeping me from getting the fixes to the BOR rig done in order to make the trip....... that, and the fact that bashing around on the trails with my neck hurting like this doesn't sound like any fun at all.

I'll likely be spending this week getting an MRI, and maybe some phys. therapy...... :mad:

Sorry you can't make it Troy. We will take many pictures so it will be like salt in a wound. LOL

I'll be to the trail head at 11:00. Directions to the trail head are in here.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=193

I will have my cell and I think (not positive) that there is cell service at the trail head. Call me if you need to. 970-three 26-Seven 612.

Anybody still planning on making this run? If not I'm going to change my route to Moab since this is far from direct for me. Post up if you can make it for sure.

Anybody still planning on making this run? If not I'm going to change my route to Moab since this is far from direct for me. Post up if you can make it for sure.

I was planning on going. How many people are slated to still go? If it's just you (and me) I would say make your other plans and it's no big deal to me.

I will PM you my contact into if you need to give me a call.

I'm still planning on being there. I can pull up Trail Damage but I can't get the trail head location or maps to work. I assume the trail head is on the north side of the Colorado River and a short distance east of 131.

I'm still planning on being there. I can pull up Trail Damage but I can't get the trail head location or maps to work. I assume the trail head is on the north side of the Colorado River and a short distance east of 131.

It's not difficult to get to, but a bit hidden.

If you're coming from I-70 Westbound:

Exit at Wolcott. Turn right at bottom of ramp. Next stop sign is Hwy 6. Turn Left (west).

Very shortly after, turn right on North 131 (cross the railroad tracks) and drive until you get to State Bridge.

Turn right and you'll pass some small buildings on your left. Continue straight and that turns into County Rd 1 (aka the Trough Road).

I don't remember the exact mileage (less than 5) the dirt road will briefly turn to pavement, bend a steep right and cross the railroad tracks and river.

BEFORE you make that right turn to cross the tracks, go straight ahead onto a dirt road/drive. Just up ahead (veer left) is the trail head.

Plop these into Google Earth:
39°53'28.96"N
106°37'5.98"W

trough-131.jpg

troughtrailhead.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Rick, when you get there go across the tracks and there is a large parking area, that's where I will be parked. Plenty of room for trailers. I will be there by 11AM.

I'm going to leave at 8am. I sure hope that's enough time to get there.

Back