• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 XJ, 6"RockReady, ARB's, 4.56, SYE, $2,000

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
Due to recently acquiring a company-sponsored JK Unlimited Rubicon, it's time to unload my XJ.

The good:
  • 106K miles with the 4.0L I6, AW4 automatic, NP231 case with TeraFlex super short SYE.
  • Tom Woods custom driveshafts front and rear with appx 5K miles since built.
  • Skyjacker RockReady 6" front lift with Currie Johnny Joints on all control arms.
  • Rubicon Express HD adjustable track bar and bracket.
  • Unknown brand rear 5" lift leaf springs with Rubicon Express extended, grease-able shackles.
  • TJ D44 rear axle with drum brakes. ARB air locker, 4.56:1 gears.
  • TJ D30 front axle. ARB air locker, 4.56:1 gears.
  • TJ 15x8" alloy rims from a 2006 Unlimited.
  • 33x12.50 all terrain tires. Two sets of two, 60-70% tread on all four. Non-matching full size spare with excellent tread.
  • Pioneer MP3 stereo with fold-down face. Four Infinity 6.5" speakers. Good sound!
  • Factory 2" receiver hitch.
  • Wheel openings have been enlarged at all four corners, and factory flares have been trimmed and re-used. The front flares have been moved up several inches as well. There is plenty of room for 35" tires, and likely would fit 37" tires on the current lift.

The bad:
  • It leaks oil. The valve cover gasket needs to be replaced, and I believe the oil pan gasket as well.
  • The tow bar did some damage to the front bumper. The bumper mounts (not the unibody) need some repair. This also pushed the header panel back about 1/2" under the right side headlight which should not be a difficult repair. See photos.
  • The driver's inside door handle broke off and will need to be replaced.
  • Could use different offset wheels or wheel spacers up front. The tires do rub the control arms. Has good quality wheel spacers on the back.
  • I have never hooked up the emergency brake cables since the lift. I believe they are too short. I'm sure somebody on NAXJA has a sweet write up on how to fix this for cheap or free, but I've just never bothered doing it.
  • The ARB's are not plumbed. They were demonstrated to work on a bench test when I purchased the axles a few years back, but I have never hooked them up on the Jeep. Quite frankly, I've been able to do every challenging trail in Moab without the lockers so I've never found the motivation to get it done! My original plan was to run them off a CO2 tank.
  • It needs a new sender for the temp gauge.
  • The power steering pump is a little tired, but still works fine. The steering box is almost new.

We've only put a few thousand miles on this in the past few years. We bought it from a beverage company, who used it to deliver beer kegs. It received regular, fleet maintenance for most of its life, and has been well maintained since. It's a very low mileage rig for the year. The Jeep runs and drives as is, and is currently licensed in Utah. It would need a right front marker light replaced to pass safety in UT, so shouldn't be a problem down here. I hear UT has much stricter safety inspection laws than AZ. It runs fantastic, and the transmission and transfer case shift solid and smoothly. The suspension works like magic for both crawling, and blasting through the desert. It has conquered almost every major trail in Moab, UT, and done so without the use of lockers. This is an extremely capable full-bodied rig, with a nice stereo and a cold A/C to keep you calm and comfy.

I'm asking $2,000 firm. Please post up for questions or interest. Located in Marana, AZ, in Gladden Farms.

Jared:patriot:

96XJForSale001.jpg

96XJForSale002.jpg

96XJForSale003.jpg
96XJForSale004.jpg

96XJForSale005.jpg

96XJForSale006.jpg

96XJForSale007.jpg

DSC02377.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

please call me 480 455 8028, very interested in your rig

no one has heard from this dude i wonder what happened with this thing

Sorry guys, been busy with work and haven't had 10 minutes to check on this. It's still available. I just sent djrethoret a text about it. If he passes, I'll get in touch with you, Josh.

Thanks,

*EDIT* I mentioned it is currently licensed in Utah. It is, but the registration expired 11/2010.

Last edited:
Drag it all the way to AZ to sell it.......my brother lives in Layton and is shopping for one.

Due to recently acquiring a company-sponsored JK Unlimited Rubicon, it's time to unload my XJ.

Holly crap dude what company did you manage to persuade to give you that..?! Let me know if you need a driver for that thing. :-D

Safe and sound in the garage, solid jeep. drove her back to AJ from Marana without a single issue. This is gonna be an excelent rig! Thanks again man!!

Holly crap dude what company did you manage to persuade to give you that..?! Let me know if you need a driver for that thing. :-D

We're a Blue Stakes contractor, and only a few of the managers are eligible. They give me a vehicle allowance that is about equal to the payment and maintenance, and a fuel card with personal use privileges. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty darn lucky to have the program available to me!

Drag it all the way to AZ to sell it.......my brother lives in Layton and is shopping for one.

I didn't think you'd want it. After all, you've seen what it's been through! (Don't look Dave!) :)

Airborne.jpg

Safe and sound in the garage, solid jeep. drove her back to AJ from Marana without a single issue. This is gonna be an excelent rig! Thanks again man!!

I'm glad to hear it. Take good care of it, and it will take good care of you!

Back