• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally done with my lift...

samger2

NAXJA Forum User
...just thought I'd share.

3" zone plus pro-comp rear springs.

BEFORE:
IMG_3933.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_4060.jpg

Time to pick up some coil spacers and do the front again!

I think I know what is wrong... lift the rear end of the jeep back up...

loosen all the leaf spring and shackle bolts...

set the jeep back down on the ground

tighten all those bolts back up to 65-85 ftlbs

I think I know what is wrong... lift the rear end of the jeep back up...

loosen all the leaf spring and shackle bolts...
set the jeep back down on the ground
tighten all those bolts back up to 65-85 ftlbs

You think it's the binding of the springs and shackle? it is a good tip though. I know on some cars with wishbone suspension you're supposed to torque things down with a load on them. If you want just jack up the car with the axle as that would simulate a load.

It could also be the rear leafs need more time to settle? My car looks the same as the rear is 1.5" higher than the front so I'm going with new springs to even it out.

Are they brand new springs? Maybe they need to break in for a bit. Throw some bags of salt/sand or a dead hooker in the trunk for a couple weeks and see if anything changes. If you go the hooker route, your car might stink though...

Are they brand new springs? Maybe they need to break in for a bit. Throw some bags of salt/sand or a dead hooker in the trunk for a couple weeks and see if anything changes. If you go the hooker route, your car might stink though...

I usually find me a nice big dead hooker... around 350-500lbs... PERFECT for breaking springs

Did you add an extra 1.75" shackle from your old budget boost to your 3" lift spring, giving it 4.75" in the rear?

Park on level ground will be the best idea. The front tire is above the gutter and the rear is in the gutter.

I don't mind the rear being jacked up a little...I like the height of the rear. I'm just wondering if the front is high enough...from pics when I look side by side it doesn't appear like it was lifted much at all. But my problem is I didn't take before measurements.......

Back