• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Down Pipe (55277) question.

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
i have a '97 (with the 4.0 obviously) and its about time to redo the exhaust and want to go 2.5 all the way through. i have a header, 2.5 cat, muffler, and plan to pick up a 2.5" borla tail pipe. my reading tells me this down pipe is the one i need.

am i correct?

The borla tailpipe for the XJ's cat-back system is 2"(muffler is 2.25"in, 2" out). I don't seem to know how to use the classified sections of this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd spend 2x the price of that crinkled aluminiumized steel walker and get a custom mandrel bent SS pipe instead.

^This. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I'd spent a little more when putting mine together. I think it would have been well worth it (for me anyway) to have gotten all stainless parts, and been done with it.

There was a guy (I believe Gradon recommended him?) selling mandrel bent SS tailpipes for not much more than aluminized steel. Might look him up as well.

The first was a walker downpipe, that is a tailpipe(unsure why you'd spend more on just the tailpipe than the cat-back w/ rebate). Mandrel Bending Solutions in Pasadena used to sell a 2.5" SS tailpipe w/o hanger for ~$100+shipping. I don't see the cherokee tailpipe on ebay or on their site now: http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.com/servlet/Categories.
Damn MT, you have to call me a tard cause I just so happen to have what he said he was looking for(well not really, since he's looking for 2.5") and offered it to him?

Back