• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar bushing question

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 97 4 door 4.0L auto 4x4 that came with the UpCountry suspension package and I really need new front sway bar bushings. When I looked on Napa's website and put in all my vehicle info it had bushings for all different diameter sway bars. Anybody know off-hand what mine might be? I haven't had a chance to go out there myself and measure it yet.

Ok I have a 97 4 door 4.0L auto 4x4 that came with the UpCountry suspension package and I really need new front sway bar bushings. When I looked on Napa's website and put in all my vehicle info it had bushings for all different diameter sway bars. Anybody know off-hand what mine might be? I haven't had a chance to go out there myself and measure it yet.

take the guess out of the equation.
drive the xj to to the autoparts store, and ask for them to mesure the swaybar with a caliper...any NAPA/Autozone/etc have measuring calipers for use......they will measure the swaybar and will sell you the right bushings.
my 2 cents comment

remove the swaybar, bring it to the store, and throw it in their dumpster, problem solved

All 97-01 used the same size sway bar bushings in the front. 1.02" ID side cut. P/N 52088523 (supercedes to 52005653).

All 97-01 used the same size sway bar bushings in the front. 1.02" ID side cut. P/N 52088523 (supercedes to 52005653).

That part number didnt come up with anything on Autozone,Napa,Advanced Auto's website. Would anyone know the corresponding part number at any of these stores? Preferably Autozone because it is the closest. Or I looked up bushings on the Autozone website and they had a bushing with a 1" diameter would that be close enough to work for a 1.02" sway bar?

I don't, that's the oem number that Chrysler uses. Try putting it in google shopping or Quadratec, 4wd, Jeep4x4center.com, Rustys, etc.

Just received my order from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspen...B4U0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309907168&sr=8-1

My 01 measured out to be 25mm, or 1". I replaced the factory bushings with those blue moob oem replacement bushings but they didn't last long. They don't fit inside the factory brackets well and cause the bar to hit the bracket when it leans. The energy suspension bushing goes outside the new bracket so this won't be an issue anymore.

Back