• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are these???

DualPurposeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i am stripping down the stock wiring harness and was wondering what these two thing are.
this is located to the right of the steering column. since i removed some wires there is now a high pitched wine coming from this when i start the jeep
SDC11317.jpg

and this was bolted to the dash
SDC11318.jpg

:helpme:

thanks for the help in advance

mine would do the same thing from that same connector in the second picture!! but with everything still connected. so i pulled it out and it has had no effect on the jeep. im guessing you have a renix XJ as well. if it is squealing and you push the brakes, does it go away?

mine would do the same thing from that same connector in the second picture!! but with everything still connected. so i pulled it out and it has had no effect on the jeep. im guessing you have a renix XJ as well. if it is squealing and you push the brakes, does it go away?

Ya I just went out there and the squeal went away when I hit the brakes

all i did was unplug that from the wiring. i havent noticed anything not working because of it. maybe someone with a factory service manual will chime in as to exactly what it is.

The one with TRW printed on it is the headlight delay module. It allows the headlight to stay on for 45 seconds if you shut the truck off, then turn the headlights off.

all i did was unplug that from the wiring. i havent noticed anything not working because of it. maybe someone with a factory service manual will chime in as to exactly what it is.

The one with TRW printed on it is the headlight delay module. It allows the headlight to stay on for 45 seconds if you shut the truck off, then turn the headlights off.

Cool thanks....anyone know what the metal box is?

I'm assuming based on the look of everything that you have a pre91 (Renix) XJ which if that's the case I believe that's the PCM for it, and when it was changed to 92 and later it was moved under the hood on drivers side inner fender behind airbox.

The Relay with part# 36000350 is the rear defrost.

Back