• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally. I got my first xj! :D

xj dreamin

NAXJA Forum User
I finally feel right being on this forum lol. I've been wanting an xj since i was small. Something about them always caught my attention and finally i got some cash together and made it happen.
Specs:
4x4
at
4door
white
bone stock.
The outside needs some love but i mainly bought it because of the mileage. It has 117,000 miles on the clock with the crappy gauge cluster
(striped down model) Runs great. One thing im in a hurry to do besides a full tune up is changing the ignition switch. Once i crank it, i have to pull it back Slightly and push it it in and the same time. I don't like that at all. If anyone has some advice on changing that please feel free to give some pointers. I don't have a pic of it right now but i will tomorow.

Congrats! Welcome to the club...

What do you plan on doing with it? stock, crawler, jeepspeed, etc?

Oh! i forgot about that. I'm planning on making it a mild prerunner/trail rig. Mostly stick to high speed dezert stuff. It's going to be my dd so nothing too crazy. I want to keep the cg as low as possible even though that's going to be a challenge with a solid axle but i'm still doing my research on that.

welcome to the go fast crowd, start saving pennies and bottles and cans, you're going to need every cent you've got to go fast in an XJ :D The results are totally worth it though. I'm just south of you in Gardena feel free to hit me up if you want to come check out my go fast build or if you need some help turning wrenches.

Sounds great man I will! I'm pretty aware of how the prerunner suspension worksand the costs lol . I had an ibeam ranger before this and i was going to build up 4.5 over beams, deavers 2.5 co's blah blah blah.. but it had the 2.3 with 235k so i sold it.

:D
Sounds great man I will! I'm pretty aware of how the prerunner suspension worksand the costs lol . I had an ibeam ranger before this and i was going to build up 4.5 over beams, deavers 2.5 co's blah blah blah.. but it had the 2.3 with 235k so i sold it.

You have no idea......the cost to make a XJ do anything remotely quick is alot more than a Ranger. Ask TCM GLX about his XJ vs Bronco cost vs suspension travel and ride.

In the past a large cooking grill was on hand, coal fired. I'm not sure this year what the facilities are. I know a few people were less than excited to win the left over charcoal in the raffle :D

Back