• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about driving around with the rear end raised while front is still stock

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
hey im planning on starting my 95 Jeep XJ lift and was wondering if I would have any major issues driving around town with the rear end raised 3in while the front is still stock?

its my daily driver so i plan on doing the rear one day and the front a couple days after

Itll just look funny, and youll get some weird looks.

DSCN3189.jpg

i thought his bill had to be flat if his jeep was the other way around.

at least in socal thats how it is :guitar:

Everybody will think you are stuck in the 60's.

All of the fluid from your rear shocks will run to the front shocks... but that will even out again after you do the front lift. That is it, other than looking funny for a few days.

Your caster angle will be different and it'll steer differently...

Other than that, it'll just look stupid. Do it all in one day... It's not that difficult.

I would just put the bigger tires on the front to balance it out.

I doubt you'd get 'high-centered' on a snow berm that's across your egress on the road during a blizzard. If it were winter, that is.., and 'fer sure: aim your headlights correctly, so that you can see where you are going in the night time, 'eh!?!:eyes:

Meh.. my XJ is my DD and I lifted the rear before the front and it was fine but I did feel like an idiot.

I drove mine that way for a day as well since it is my daily driver and I didn't have time to do it all at once. Of course my son had to take pictures and tell all his Facebook friends what a fool his dad looked like, but no other issues. I did wear a flatbilled hat and hung some dingleballs around the windshield as well. Looked great.

hey im planning on starting my 95 Jeep XJ lift and was wondering if I would have any major issues driving around town with the rear end raised 3in while the front is still stock?

its my daily driver so i plan on doing the rear one day and the front a couple days after

Do them the same day, the front is the Easy part!

That is exactly what I did but my free time is rare so I drove around 3 weeks with just the rear lifted. Its just a little weird being tipped forward and looked pretty stupid. The front is the easier part.

Back