PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to cook? We could use your help!

GSequoia
April 19th, 2011, 13:08
Hey kiddos, wanna eat?

We'd love to have a nice dinner like we have had in the past but right now we don't have anybody to cook it up for us. Do you have the skill and desire to do it for us? We'd obviously pay for the supplies. If you don't have the proper equipment post up anyway and we'll see if we can make it happen.

Plan B. is simple burgers and hot dogs.

If you're interested please either respond here or PM me by Friday, April 22.

Thanks!

Skwerly
April 19th, 2011, 13:43
I can microwave the heck outta some Chef Boyardee...

91blackbox
April 19th, 2011, 20:23
i can help cook i have a couple stoves...

Carol.92124
April 19th, 2011, 22:34
If a daughter or two comes along, I can volunteer them, but I don't know if they're going to make it yet.

I'll be busy taking all y'all's money for the raffle tickets & stuff...

JohnX
April 20th, 2011, 08:29
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053252&page=4

I'm a burgers or carne asada kind of cook if no one else wants to do better.

casual
April 20th, 2011, 22:37
I am a damn good cook. I went to culinary school. If anyone wants to sample, I can throw some stuff together before hand? Let me know guys I would love to cook, just let me know whats needed of me & how many I'll be cooking for.
Plus I'll have 100 to spend on food if that helps any?

I make some bomb ass mashatatos:laugh2:

casual
April 20th, 2011, 22:42
Damn I just realized that this was happening this weekend!

EDIT: Wait nevermind this is next month..Ya I'm down to do some cooking. I won't have a jeep to do any crawling and probably won't stay the night with you guys cause of my new born daughter. But I'd love to get involved with the chapter & would love to meet some people. I can do all the cook thats nessasary! Let me know whats needed, I'll see what I can do!

djblade311
April 23rd, 2011, 18:51
Anyone have a decent sized grill they can bring to help for dinner?

casual
April 23rd, 2011, 21:13
I got a propane one, but only a half tank of propane. I can fit roughly 10-12 good sized steaks on it!

JohnX
April 23rd, 2011, 21:59
Measurements?

GrimmJeeper
April 24th, 2011, 07:26
I have a big propane grill as well if someone wants to stop by my place and load it up on their way to the fest. cooking surface is about 18x30, you need to find your own propane tank though.

WebDog
April 24th, 2011, 10:10
Anyone have a decent sized grill they can bring to help for dinner?

I should have mine fixed and with me it has three huge burners and is about 20 x 30.

casual
April 24th, 2011, 11:30
mines 598 squared inches?? Thats what it says online at least lol...I got 3 5gallon propane tanks, but only 1 is half full...so if anyone wants to fill 1 up? I'll fill the other...usually cost $13 bucks.

casual
April 24th, 2011, 11:30
Mine also has a burner on the side for a pot or something, like a stove top burner.

91blackbox
April 25th, 2011, 20:51
if things work out i will have my old school motorhome up and ready for the trip so i'll have the kitchen to use...

Carol.92124
May 2nd, 2011, 17:41
I'll have my little tabletop grill (what, 12x16 or so?) that runs off small propane cans available for use, but I am not going to attempt to load my house barbecue into the back of my XJ...

GSequoia
May 12th, 2011, 16:34
I have a big propane grill as well if someone wants to stop by my place and load it up on their way to the fest. cooking surface is about 18x30, you need to find your own propane tank though.

I should have mine fixed and with me it has three huge burners and is about 20 x 30.

Have either of you been contacted by anybody to firm up? I'd like to make sure the grill angle is covered.

WebDog
May 12th, 2011, 16:48
Mine probably wont make it, i will have my small camping one. But my big one needs some major rust repair before it gets installed on the trailer. Probably not going to get it it in the next 7 days.

Darky
May 12th, 2011, 17:15
If I can figure a way to get both Jeep and truck up there, and my stove works (haven't tested it yet), I can make that available. Otherwise, I'll have my Hibachi grill. I can grill burgers or carne, but I make no promises as to awesomeness of skill. I can recommend some awesome carne to use. Or even, if someone can tell me how much is needed/forward cash, I could probably pick it up on the way up.

GSequoia
May 12th, 2011, 17:19
We have a cook already, we're ust trying to secure a large grill if somebody has one.

blackd-out-chev
May 12th, 2011, 17:54
Not sure if anyone tried this angle yet. But a lot of high schools, lions clubs,vfw, etc etc have big bbq trailers...might try to get in contact with someone and see about borrowing it? Tell em y'all are having an event to benifit land use

Darky
May 12th, 2011, 19:01
Or if we could get someone who still has exchange privileges on base somewhere, we could rent one for dirt cheap. On Marine bases it's called Outdoor Adventures and they have everything. I'd offer my exchange privileges but I have none. At least not to rent anything.

karstic
May 15th, 2011, 23:27
I'll bring one of my Weber kettle BBQ's. problem solved.