• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim choice for 31's and 2.5-3" lift

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running a small lift, and want to get as much flex out of it as I can. Are the factory rims the best option?

Can you stuff a rim with 4.5" backspace?

As stated, I'll be running 31's. Thanks.

Geoff

You'll want at least a 4" BS to make sure you don't rub the control arms. I was on a BB with 31's and I rubbed just slightly on the control arms due to my factory trackbar. Now i'm around 3 with 32's and an after market track bar with no rubbing lock to lock.

I run 2.5" & 31s right now.
It rubs with the factory rims.
Doesn't rub with 1.5" wheel spacers.
I'd run 4.5" back spacing.
The handling is much better with spacers, too. You want the width of spacers or 4.5" BS wheels for more than just rubbing.

Stock is fine, but as mentioned will rub the LCAs at full lock. It's best that they rub on aftermarket ones that don't have the lip to cut up your tires!! Depending on which aftermarket LCAs you get it may not even rub at all!! You can also modify WJ LCAs to fit, I have heard. They have a bend in them to prevent the rubbing.

For a 31 I would recommend a 7" wheel and you only need to bump that tire out about an inch on either side. If you're on a budget, just run the stock ones for now until you can buy some steel wheels.

I have a little under 3" of lift in the front with 31's on stock 15x8 Ravine wheels. I had some rubbing on the right control arm, but I simply added washers under the steering stops and that worked for me. I lost a little bit of turning radius, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

31x10.50s on stock rims works fine. the 5.25" backspacing is not an issue. youll want something 7"-8".

you may run on the CAs, but as mention, you might not with some. i didnt on my RE super flex arms when i had stock rims/31s. you can either do the work and adjust the steering stops, or just know its there and dont crank on it.

3" lift, 32" tires and 4.5" BS and I didn't rub anything. Perfect size for the tires to barely tuck inside the fenders when flexed out.

Back