• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92-93 coolant temp sensor wiring

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me which pin on the 92-93 coolant temp sensor feeds the engine computer? Also, what is the color code of the wiring run from the sensor to the computer.

thermostat housing/Coolant temp sensor mod in progress on my 88 MJ

If you are talking about controlling the fan on the Renix.... The original switch in the side of the radiator controlled a relay to turn the fan on and off. It isn't controlled by a computer.

If your new radiator doesn't have a hole in the side for that size(original Renix) sensor(I believe it is 22mm X ?thread) just take the original wires and extend them so they reach the sensor that you are putting in. You can put either wire on either side of the new sensor provided you got a 2 wire sensor. If you got a 1 wire sensor it can only supply a ground to an accessory or a relay. So that is a whole other subject(new wiring set up that is)

When I did my swap on my 89' the new open style radiator had a spot for the 22mm threaded sensor that the original Renix system used. So my swap was rather easy in theat respect.

Back