• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP , lower shock studs

astonman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my shocks and when I went to remove the rear lower bolts the studs sheared in half!! Any suggestions on a good proven fix ? I was planning on drilling them and replacing them with bolts but I don't have a welder to weld them in place? Will that hold if there not welded? Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Steve

Cut off and grind flat the remains of the old studs. Drill and install some bolts. Drive slowly to the welders. Remove the shocks from the lower shock mount or the welding will melt the shock bushings.

Ross , when would you be able to do it? I'm putting the new bolts in now, let me know if you could come here or u want to come there either way Ill buy you a case :)

Temp fix is.... drill hole then bolt-washer-nut-washer-shock-washer-nut.

The first nut tightens the bolt so it does not move and then you simply sandwich the shock bushing between washers and another nut.

Dorman products has the replacement stud.
31001-007.jpg

Last edited:
Back