• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego stores that stock Spicer BJ's? (pic inside)

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm having a hard time finding the Spicer P/N for the upper ball joint shown below. I asked around and everyone says the Spicer kit P/N 706944X should work, but it doesn't. The shaft is too long putting the tapered section in the wrong location.

The axle is a Dana44 with Dana 30 outers. The knuckles I have do not have the adjustable bushings (older Tera high steer knuckle).

Anyone know the correct Spicer P/N or a brick and mortar store that stocks Spicer parts that I can walk into and compare? San Diego area. Already tried Napa, O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, 4 wheel parts.

Thanks.

2hye5jp.jpg

I have the same d44/d30 hybrid axle out of a TJ rubicon as you and would like to replace my ball joints and would love to get the part number and location to by as well. I will look into as well and see what I find.

try dana spicer 40916 for the upper and 40583 lower or 40112 upper and 40113 lower . those are the only 2 part numbers i show in my dana spicer catalog based on BOM's.

Hah, had to show that last reply to my wife...for some reason she didn't find it as funny as I did :)
XJWOLF, thanks for the numbers. I think 40916 and 40583 are the joints in the 706944X kit, but not positive. I'll have to check out the other numbers.

Ordering parts that you're not sure of thru mail order sucks...it's hit or miss and the return postage/restocking fee hurts. This is why I'm trying to find a local store that stocks these parts so I can compare the parts on the spot.

Turns out I had the correct ball joints after all (Spicer 706944X). The upper ball joint shaft collapses into the housing.

When I removed the original, the shaft appeared to be shorter than the new one, as shown in the photo. What I didn't realize is that the shaft/stud had collapsed into its housing. I ended up using the Spicer 706944X kit without any issues.

Back