• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Explosion proof floorpan...

saki669

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I need one! I finally got around to posting some pics of the carnage from TDS 2011. I was flat towing back home after a nasty trip through some whoops earlier in the day and heard the explosion. The front driveshaft CV let loose and ripped through the floorpan on the drivers side.
The pictures are for your enjoyment, but I need some advice also.
My driveshaft disappeared somewhere on the 10 between Indio and Cabazon along with the linkage from the shifter handle to the T-case. I have replacement parts for that already. The T-case split a hairline crack through the front jhalf and lost all the fluid. :firedevil Blazair :firedevil has a front case that he was using for a flowerpot in his front yard and has offered to help me out.

The question: can I use my rear half with a new front half from a different case? I've heard this may be a problem. Any practical advice?

Thanks!
And now on with the show.....
:guitar:
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

:guitar:

holy carnage. good thing you wern't in the driver seat,that looks like it would of also caused damage to you. glad your ok.

Last edited:
I have used different case halfs twice now on different jeeps with no side effects. Both were np231's

I also have a couple case halfs you can have, at least one front and one back half. I'll check monday when i am able to get back in my house if you need them.

Justin

YOu could install a strap, below the d-shaft so that if it breaks/comes apart again it will not turn down and come back up and break stuff as much.

Back