• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle u-joints

BCKNBLK

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ Sport. My front axle u-joints are going out and I have to replace them. Can anyone suggest a better brand of u-joints than the stock ones? I only do moderate off roading, so it doesnt need to be gorilla stuff, but would like beeffier/stronger /better u-joints than the stock ones. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Depends if you want to spend $25 per axle joint or $150 +++ per axle joint..

stock spicer 760's are the best

X2

Spicer 760's are very beef and the only option short of spending $$$ on CTM's or equivalents, but you wouldn't really want one of those expensive joints for a DD/stock shafts. If you wanna go the extra mile, run 760's and grind the stock shafts out for full circle clips. That combo has proven to outlast R&P's (at least in my area).

Any more info on the full circle clip mod? I'd be interested in doing this when I rebuild my next set of shafts if possible

Any more info on the full circle clip mod? I'd be interested in doing this when I rebuild my next set of shafts if possible

On a stock shaft where the c clip is, you have to grind down the lip on the inner side of the yoke. This allows a flat area all the way around the cap hole for the full circle clip. I have some excellent pictures of some I e down but im on my phone and don't have them to post. Search thru posts I've made in other u joint threads, I've posted them before.

Back