• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 point harness and stock seats?

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
Can I run 4 point harness's with the stock seats? There is a harness bar behind the seats. or do the seats have to have the holes?

you can but it wont be all that affective unless your shoulders go above the back rest of the seat. do you have a cage (besides the harness bar)?

yes i do have a cage. would a harness increase the safety for passenger and driver over what is offered by the stock shoulder belts?

with a cage yeah. there are arguments over yes or no without a cage (i vote no, but who cares for this thread?), but with a cage I dont think there are any arguments, a 4-point will be safer. Only thing with stock seats, which goes for oversized racing seats as well, is that if the shoulder belts arent close enough to your shoulders they may slide on the seat, but realistically even if they do slide they are still going to be at least as good as a stock belt since that can slide also.

what about running the straps between the head rest bars (the ones that slide up to make it taller)? would keep them from slipping off the sides of the seat..

would probably work, although I imagine it would be uncomfortable. What I was thinking would work would be some sort of tie together behind the head rest and then the belts go around the outside of the headrest

You can also buy a "breast strap" that will keep the shoulder straps together.

Back