• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley petition....

done

I just got back form the petition:) its right around the corner from me. like 2 minutes.

I wanna go back just to be another body there. Anyone else going?

If you guys head out to the meetings make sure you have an agenda don't go as an ignorant mass crowd. It's nice to show up with a lot of bodies but at least make sure someone is going to be there to speak intelligently about the issues on your group's behalf.

Thats why I left. I didn't see no one familiar lol. I didn't wanna be the only guy!

Quite a few people out there with there rigs & stuff though!

It was set up as an informational display. They had maybe two dozen stations and someone manning each station and lots of people in other places to help you if you needed it. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, although I don't think anyone's mind was going to be changed either.

You get the chance to have discussions with any of the Marines there about the proposal and each station had a different purpose. There were maps of the airspace required for the various alternatives. There were maps of the land for each proposal. There were displays for air quality concerns. There were displays for noise concerns. I overheard some Johnson Valley residents complaining about the noise they hear now and voicing their concerns about how much worse it will be if the Marine's current preferred alternative goes through.

Everyone I observed on both sides of the issues was very polite and the discussions were handled well. I was there early and left by 6pm, so hard to say what it was like later.

I'm pretty sure I saw Dave Cole of HammerKing Productions and Tony Pelligrini of Genright there. They also had the Genright car outside on a trailer. There were definitely other industry types there, I just have no idea who they are.

~R

ReedSteer..were you leaving in a wrangler? Looked to be silver/grey maybe light blue?

I was pulling in at like 6pm & a wrangler was leaving. I was in a gold Accord.

If you guys head out to the meetings make sure you have an agenda don't go as an ignorant mass crowd. It's nice to show up with a lot of bodies but at least make sure someone is going to be there to speak intelligently about the issues on your group's behalf.

Crap, so my idea of starting a FOJV food fight isn't going to work?

Back