• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question about fenderwells after a trim...

ZenDragon

NAXJA Forum User
I trimmed my fender wells up. The back just folded underneath the lip that was already there but the front has nothing behind it. After trimming the front fenders, I can see the back of the door hinges and the back of all the lighting components and stuff from inside the wheel well. What do you all normally do when trimming the front fenders? Do you weld anything in there to close it up or do you just leave it open to the elements? My primary concern with this is kicking up globs of mud and getting it all caked in there behind the door hinges and what not.

i have left mine open without problems. if mud gets in there i simply hose it out. but many others stuff a pool noodle in there to protect all that.

pool noodles are pourous, and will trap moisture in there... especially if you're mudding. So does expanding foam. I would avoid both but that's me, my jeep is rust free and I'd like to keep it that way.

Back