• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help: new rear springs for my 89 XJ

XJBucko

NAXJA Forum User
I've been doing lots of work freshening up my 89 LTD. In addition to a lot of other stuff, I got the ZJ coils installed on the front which has lifted the front up just a bit, enough to get rid of the 'tired' stance that the old truck seemed to have (it looks great!).

Phase II of my project includes new springs for the back. I like to go with the heavier duty rear springs that are sometime referred too as the 'up Country" option on some XJ's, although I dont know if that was actually an option back in 89. I did a lot of searching on the this site an others and found part nubmers and lots of good info, but the dificulty I'm having is that when I go to a supplier site, there's never any indication that a particual spring will provide the desired 1" over stock lift that I'm looking for (except for kits wich list the desired lift). If found a good price for springs at Morris that are designated "LT" which on other sites are listed as the up country code : http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=4886186AB

Anyone out there happen to use these and if so, did they provide 1" of lift?

Thanks for any advice.

Back