• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 e-brake cable help

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am getting everything together for my 8.8 swap and i need to find correct e-brake cables. I knw there was a thread somewhere( I can't find it for the life of me) about some crown cables that would work for my application. My XJ in a 97 if that matters.

Use your OEM XJ cables. Fab a small 2 fingered fork and weld it to the E-Brake lever. Done a brazillion of 'em od 8.8's, 8.25", and D44's with disc conversions.

Thanks Frank! I will talk with someone about doing that. I can fab up simple stuff like that but just need the tools for it. I need to win the lottery! :D

I guess it depends on where you buy it! If someone local were to buy it, they'd save a bundle. :-x

Also, there are now XJ cables available.
84/96 use p/n DBC-05 (L&R side x 2)
97/01 R use p/n DBC-06
97/01 L use p/n DBC-07

The cables also work on 8.8 rear end swaps. Just came available last month.

That link does have the crown part numbers. Where you buy them from is up to you.

Hahahahaha, WOW. Sorry hubs97xj, I completely missed that! :D

Thanks for the Help Fellas! I like Frank's Idea but for as cheap as the cables are i'll just order new ones. Mine aren't in the greatest shape.

Last edited:
Back