• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana ball joint P/N...NOT 706944X

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone know the P/N for the Dana/Spicer ball joint kit for knuckles that do not have the adjustable bushing?

I have a Dana44 axle with 30 outers (I'm told it's a "Rubicon" axle). It has the Tera high steer knuckle that *does not* have the adjustable bushing. I've tried the Dana/Spicer 706944X ball joints that come in this kit, but the shank on the upper one is too long and takes the adjustable bushing. My last resort is to use Napa ball joints (unknown mfgr) at $65 each ($260/axle...ouch!).

They all ome with the adjusting collar,its just not used in our application.

Right, but even without the bushing the tapered area is too low on the shaft. See comparison below. This will result in the knuckle being mounted too low.

I'm looking for the Spicer P/N for the one on the right. If I can't get the P/N, does anyone know a brick and mortor store that stocks Dana/Spicer ball joints (So Cal area)?

Thanks in advance!

24df1qt.jpg

Back