• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Size

alever

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking around for wheels, I'm thinking about maybe just ordering some black cragars (V5's or soft 8's) off summit racing. My question is I'm currently on stock tires (225/75/15) and my next set of tires I want to get at least 235's. I'm not really ever planning on a lift, or going much bigger then 30" tires. My question is should I stick with 15x7's or just get a set of 15x8's, or does it really matter?

Yeah, on my old XJ with no lift I ran 235x75x15 tires and off roaded a few times and they worked out decent and they mounted very easily on the stock rims.

x2. just get 15x7. you can even run 12.50's on them if you do ever change your mind.
Really, thats awesome to know. I have a 3" lift on my new XJ and was thinking of running stock tires most the time (save gas and they need to be good in Wisconsin winters) and getting a second set of rims for some mudding tires, either 30" or 31" depending if I trim my fenders before getting them or not. It would save some cash if I could just use a stock set of rims from my friend's junkyard.

Yeah, on my old XJ with no lift I ran 235x75x15 tires and off roaded a few times and they worked out decent and they mounted very easily on the stock rims.

Really, thats awesome to know. I have a 3" lift on my new XJ and was thinking of running stock tires most the time (save gas and they need to be good in Wisconsin winters) and getting a second set of rims for some mudding tires, either 30" or 31" depending if I trim my fenders before getting them or not. It would save some cash if I could just use a stock set of rims from my friend's junkyard.

The rest of the story! There was no mention of backspace,you CAN run a 12.50 on a 15x7 rim,but not with stock backspace.

So I'm stuck between two wheels here: can't decide between Cragar V5's or D-windows??

crr-3425712_cp.jpg

crr-3655712_w.jpg

I know with the D-windows, I don't like the red and blue stripe, but I heard you can take that off easily with acetone.

V5's for sure. ALtho, stock steelies painted black are just as good
For 30s or 31s you shouldn't need to trim at 3" of lift...

Probably would have been fine had I bumpstopped, but my pass fender got bent to crap on a trail That was a 235 on a stock alum rim..
Definitely bumpstop. Hockeypucks FTW!

Back