• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger E-brake snapped

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
The passenger side e-brake curves in front of the shock mount and then goes into the brake backing plate. Somehow i pinched the brake cable when a rock hit it and mashed it onto the shock stud. I was replacing brakes and noticed I couldn't compress the shoes enough to get the drums back on and realize the e-brake was stuck. I took off the shoes again and pulled on the e-brake bracket and It just came right out of the front of the backing plate. The e-brake cover is still attached on the outside to the underbody but it badly pinched and ripped where the rock hit it. I'm in need of a new e-brake but what's involved in getting those damn clips off so I can remove the e-brake tube? Mine are a bit rusted and won't give.

Do they sell the e-brake cable and tube together?

try using a small hose clamp to compress the fingers on the clip.

E-brake lines usually come with the cable and the sheathing, about $20 per side if i recall

Back