• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering/suspension fab build numbers?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I haven't posted on here in a while, as I sold my Jeep, bought a 2wd ZJ, hated it, sold it for a 4wd pathfinder and offroading just isn't the same...

Anyway, I'm planning on doing a new build on another 2 door cherokee, but I want to do the suspension and steering without buying a kit.

I know lots of yall on here fab your own mounts for long arms, as well as the dom tubing and nut-serts and such, as well as steering links, etc. I was curious if there was anyway someone could point me in the right direction for specs for building mounts? I'm not sure about building them myself, but maybe I could find someone to show me how, or if anyone knows where to just buy the mounts for front long arms, trackbar, or even the angles for the dom? (not sure there would be any)

Thanks everyone!

well thats a perfect example, I would like to do something like buy a teraflex or ORO knuckle then build my own dom tubing for the drag link and tie rod.

Similar concept with the suspension, I want to know if someone knows where I can buy mounts for the long arms, and then what lengths I should make the DOM for the links on that? Seems like if I could find a database of the numerics I need then I (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) could build cheaper, better rigs.

Anybody got anything to add???....

If your going to do it,move the mounts inboard and up so you dont have a loss of ground clearance.

Frame end was what I was refering to,but fronts are a definate possibility.I raised my front lowers about an inch.

Back