• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing leaf from pack to lower lift?

pfcstone777

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to lower my rear end. I've got a RE 3.5'' kit with a .75'' spacer up front and the rear is still sitting higher. Its been two years since I've put the kit on so I think the leafs are settled as much as they will be.

My question is, would it be safe to remove a leaf from the pack to lower the rear end? Which leaf should be taken out. This is my DD if that makes any difference.

Thanks

id say remove the 3rd or 4th leaf... but i wouldnt just leave it out. id experiment with adding a softer stock leaf or else your going to greatly shorten the life of your springs. its been 3-4 years since i installed my RE 4.5" lift with full leafs and only now is it sitting level. but it took the addition of a rear tire carrier to make it happen. *HINT*HINT*REASONTOGETNEWPARTS*HINT* lol.

personally id leave it. im a fan of a little bit of rake in the stance. and when you load it up with tools, camping gear, a trailor, etc... it wont sag like a mofo.

are you using stock or extended shackles? could also go back to stock if you dont have them in now.

Last edited:
Right now I've got stock shackles.

Another problem, just got a TnT long arm, putting that on in a few days, that'll probably sag the front down more too.

Might just have to end up getting new leafs

You should be fine if you take one out. You might have to play around with which leaf you take out to get the results you want. I was looking online and it shows a 5 leaf pack. I would take out the #4 leaf (starting from the top). It looks like #3 has the clamps on it, so you might want to leave that one alone.

Or, if willing, purchase a set of JKS ACOS.. they are adjustable and will get you where you need to be.

Another problem, just got a TnT long arm, putting that on in a few days, that'll probably sag the front down more too.

LA's won't effect the ride height.

Also, you'll have to watch out for axle wrap. I removed a leaf from mine for the same reason. It was fine for a while but a year later I have horrible wrap. Im adressing that issue now.

I've played around with aftermarket leaf springs a bit.

Don't remove the bottom overload or your pack will invert and sag.
Don't remove the leaf under the main leaf or your main leaf will sag.
Aim for the middle leaves. If it has the clamps on, get some aftermarket clamps from pro-comp or just bend some steel.

Back