• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

85 2.5 no spark

Mike Mike

NAXJA Forum User
OK, So the boy bought an 85 with the 2.5 four banger that had been sitting almost 10 years. We got it running and sounded pretty good, but the rear main poured oil out like there wasn't a seal in it. We pulled the trans, replaced the seal, bled the clutch, spilled some brake fluid on the back of the fuse block.
Got it all buttoned up and now no spark from the the dist. Has 12 volts to coil. With the the key off or on the gages are showing temp at 200, oil at 40lbs and nothing on the volt meter. When we originally got it started they all worked.

Are we looking at fuse box replacement? Any other ideas? What years fuse box will work?

The boy was totally bummed when it didn't start. This has turned into a 4 week project because we don't get many days off together.

Been searching, not much out there for the 2.5. Pulled the hood so I could really get in there and see. Chased wires and just don't see anything wrong. Pulled and checked all the fuses, cleaned all the relays and sockets. Flushed the harness and plug with brakekleen. Hard for me to believe that spilled brake fluid on the back of the fuse block would corrode enough in 4 days to shut it down. Anybody got anything for me?????
Theres a 2 wire harness that runs from the dist., around the back of the block and into the main harness. Anyone know what and where it goes?

Didn't take it apart, everything under the hood is really brittle, just sprayed it off with 4 cans of brakekleen. Magically got spark this afternoon and it started. Gages still showing the same as posted before

Back