• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Mechanic in Oxnard/Ventura Area

PotterXJ_01

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get some suggestions for a very reliable mechanic/shop in the Oxnard/Camarillo/Ventura area. Somewhere that knows there shit when it comes to suspension, steering, alignments, brakes, and general off road mechanical knowledge. Thanks for the help!! Any suggestions are welcome.

DNS auto works 805 525 7400 ask for danny

Really knows his stuff

Stay AWAY from offroad workz they DONT know their stuff

Thanks man! Yeah I already have dealt with off road workz.. All they do is give me the run around. And want outrageous prices. Never gonna give them a dime!

Skulliver is out in Ventura and does awesome Fab work. Look him up if you need that sort of thing.

i have no idea if skullver does work for pay, but its definately skullver. not skulliver, the combination of skull and oliver

I am looking to get some suggestions for a very reliable mechanic/shop in the Oxnard/Camarillo/Ventura area. Somewhere that knows there shit when it comes to suspension, steering, alignments, brakes, and general off road mechanical knowledge. Thanks for the help!! Any suggestions are welcome.

Ventura 4x4, only place that my dad I and trust to work on our rigs.

My dad specifically deals with Reuben. He might be the owner, as well as one of the techs...not sure on that part.

Their old shop was near where BEST used to be, and Target/eggs'n things is now...

I haven't been to their new place...

Hey thanks for the kind words. I am pretty busy with my "real" job but would be happy to see if I can help, or at least point you in the right direction if I can't. What are you needing? I concur, Rueben and his wife own Ventura 4x4 on Olive street, a few blocks from my shop, and he is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Yeah, just for reference, Rueben has worked on these vehicles/issues for us:

Westfalia vanagon - electrical, transmission, drivelines(cv axles)
Fj80 - lift kit, tires/wheels, diff locker and transfer case solonoids, major service, axle swivels/cv's
various jeeps: major service, lift kits, brakes, drivelines(axleshaft/driveshaft ujoints and lengthening)

Just for your info. Cheers. :)

Wow awesome advice guys!!

Currently I need new brake pads for the front, they are starting to squeal pretty bad. Trying to decide if I wanna do it my self or not.

But mostly right now, I'd really like to get a second pair of eyes, on everything I've done. Someone to drive it and check it all out, just to reassure me it's all safe and sound and good to go! Plus I'd like to have a reliable trusted source to go to for all my future needs for both my Truck and jeep. When I get some free time I'll swing by that Ventura 4x4 shop and check them out.

Wow awesome advice guys!!

Currently I need new brake pads for the front, they are starting to squeal pretty bad. Trying to decide if I wanna do it my self or not.

But mostly right now, I'd really like to get a second pair of eyes, on everything I've done. Someone to drive it and check it all out, just to reassure me it's all safe and sound and good to go! Plus I'd like to have a reliable trusted source to go to for all my future needs for both my Truck and jeep. When I get some free time I'll swing by that Ventura 4x4 shop and check them out.

Hey there, brohemian, any luck getting some time to head over V4x4?

Hope all your repairs go well, whatever path you go for!

Cheers, Brian

Back