• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAA membership coupon or hookup/ questions

chasdb

NAXJA Member 3643
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking about getting a membership, but saw you can no longer become a member and get the premium membership with long distance towing untill you have been a member for a year. I have 21st century and aleady have a basic tow package so for the first year will be a loss. I may be switching insurance companies anyway since I'll be installing a cage and last I heard 21st won't cover a vehicle with a cage. I heard AAA has classic car coverage where you agree apon a vehicle value, the XJ isn't a classic but I sure would like to get higher coverage incase of theft with all these upgrades. Anybody have any experiences getting coverage with AAA or another insurer and is there a referral program? I would't mind saving a buck but not at the expense of good service or needed coverages.

-Charles

i had AAA insurance and it was good, also the premium service is well worth the 1 year wait especially if your wheeling

Well i know every thing you need to know about AAA since i work for them lol. Yes you will need to wait one year for the plus and premier benefit however not having to go to the DMV for vehicle needs is worth that much it self. As far as coverage with a cage!!!! as long as your vehicle is currently registered at the time of service you will have no problems, AAA will not cover what we call a convienence tow such as a project car being towed to a paint shop, or salvage yard etc because it is not a road side emergency, however if you are having your COMPLETE car towed to a repair shop it is covered regardless of what it is as long as it is currently registered to be be on the road. if you have any other questions shoot me a PM and i can get you goin. good luck man and hope to have you as a new AAA member soon.

I signed up about a month ago when I bought my 73 Ford, in large part because they were the only ones who actually knew CA vehicle registration laws when it came to title transfer on a smog exempt vehicle. Everywhere I asked said it has to be smogged, AAA knew better and also saved me time and hassle since I didn't have to wait at the DMV.

I really need to get AAA myself. And yeah, it kinda sucks that you have to wait a year but i guess it better than nothing.

I'm thinking about getting a membership, but saw you can no longer become a member and get the premium membership with long distance towing untill you have been a member for a year. I have 21st century and aleady have a basic tow package so for the first year will be a loss. I may be switching insurance companies anyway since I'll be installing a cage and last I heard 21st won't cover a vehicle with a cage. I heard AAA has classic car coverage where you agree apon a vehicle value, the XJ isn't a classic but I sure would like to get higher coverage incase of theft with all these upgrades. Anybody have any experiences getting coverage with AAA or another insurer and is there a referral program? I would't mind saving a buck but not at the expense of good service or needed coverages.

-Charles

They will not do an agreed amount coverage on xj when I had my aaa issue I spoke to the gm and they wouldn't do it. Aaa totally worth it.
Hth

Peace
Ted

I'll get my membership going then atleast to get closer to the premier towing towing pkg and be able to use the DMV services as I will need to get a homebuilt trailer registered before I go to the Grand Canyon 4/20. I had AAA insurance when I had a Dodge diesel and used it for work, my company required high coverages plus a 1M umbrella policy, only thing I didn't like is you don't pay monthly/ quarterly but have to pay in advance or pay finance charges. I'll have to check further on what they will cover as I have a lot in parts receipts. Thanks guys.

if you have a family member that all ready has a AAA membership, they can add you onto their membership and you gain all their years and benefits. lets say your father has had AAA for 30 years, and then adds you to their membership, you too get those 30 years. this may have changed recently, but was the norm just a couple years ago.

if you have a family member that all ready has a AAA membership, they can add you onto their membership and you gain all their years and benefits. lets say your father has had AAA for 30 years, and then adds you to their membership, you too get those 30 years. this may have changed recently, but was the norm just a couple years ago.

AFAIK only works for kids under 18....

AFAIK only works for kids under 18....

then they changed it recently. because i put my wife and mother in-law on my membership which gave them the 18 years i have.
also my building partner 65 years old, dropped his membership and just changed names when his mother passed. he now has a golden membership. he got all her years too.

AAA premier is totally worth it. The year my fuel pump went out on Clawhammer, Kyung gave me his 200 mile tow back to my house. I immediately purchased premier after that and then a year later when that bomb crater took him out, i used up my 200 mile tow for his rig.

Back