• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Question

Hemihed426

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting in a 4.0 from a 93 into an 89 and I'm gonna use the 89 intake and I was wanting to know if I should use an intake gasket for the 89 or the 93 or if there is any difference. Thanks in advance.

the ports wont line up for crap using the renix intake on a H.O. head....better off using the h.o. intake...you will hurt perfomance of the motor doing it your way

Absolutely true. But if you insist on going this route you will need to use the '89 gasket, '93 gasket wouldn't seal for long if at all. I Had both gaskets and a '87 intake in the garage so I took a look at how it lines up. I'd seriously think about keeping the newer intake though, it's not that hard to adapt the TPS to the newer throttle body and the fuel lines to the fuel rail. No port mis-match and no need to re-wire the whole rig. I went this route with my '93 into '89 swap and am very happy with it, works very well.

Newer manny will work alight, if you do not have emmisions testing. renix had egr, ho did not.

I say use newer intake manifold(or even 99+), newer TB, and adapt the renix TPS to fit on the HO TB. You will have better power due to ports aligning properly. Search here for the homemade adapter for $20-30 in parts and a couple hours of your time or else pay $150 shipped for the one Hesco makes.

Back