• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Identification Help

alever

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to buy a set of wheels off craigslist. The guy told me they are 15x7's but not sure what the lug pattern is. I'm fairly certain by the look of the 5 lugs that these are 5x4.5. Just wanted to post some pictures to see what the expertise of others was:

3k93p53lc5T25Q35S2b4711ab61e00a621630.jpg

Last edited:
ask him what they came off of.... i hate when people sell stuff, but are too lazy to stick a tape measure on it to figure out the pattern....

measure the distance between 2 lugs, skipping one hole, middle of the hole, to middle of the other hole. if its not 4.5", theyre the wrong lug pattern.

the only thing i can tell from the pics, is that theyre definately not a wide-5 VW pattern, 5x4.5 and 5x5 are 1/2" off..... no way to tell FOR SURE without putting a tape on it.

heres a pic: http://waywardgarage.com/tech/tech-boltcircle.gif

ask him what they came off of.... i hate when people sell stuff, but are too lazy to stick a tape measure on it to figure out the pattern....

measure the distance between 2 lugs, skipping one hole, middle of the hole, to middle of the other hole. if its not 4.5", theyre the wrong lug pattern.

the only thing i can tell from the pics, is that theyre definately not a wide-5 VW pattern, 5x4.5 and 5x5 are 1/2" off..... no way to tell FOR SURE without putting a tape on it.

heres a pic: http://waywardgarage.com/tech/tech-boltcircle.gif

great, thanks! I wasn't exactly sure how to measure it.

actually, looking at that pic i posted, it seems 5x4.5 is the only one thats measure differantly... if you look at the pic, it says you measure one hole at the middle, but the other on the outside of the hole... WEIRD!

Yeah, you're actually trying to measure the diameter of an imaginary circle that runs through the center of all 5 holes. Since 5 is an odd number (resulting in there not being any two holes directly across from each other) measuring to the outside of the second hole gets you close. This should hold true for all 5 hole patterns.

Back