• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine codes lead to trans...

beater96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Check engine light came on codes are 0700 and 0740 which r takig me to trans n torque converter solenoid never seen this before can anyone shoot me some advice jeep still drives and shifts smooth...

Just finished fixing the exact same problem with my rig yesterday. I had the same two codes pop up but the tranny ran smooth. So I tried some old school tricks first. I put two large size magnets to the outside of the tranny pan to collect metal debri out of the tranny fluid. About 30 to 60 miles later the CEL turned off. So tommorrow I will be changing out the fluid and filter.

Try the magnet trick first and if that dosent help at all then search the forum on how to test the solenoids with a meter. If the magnets work and you go to change the fluid DO NOT take the magnet off untill you have dropped the pan.

Also when was the last time you changed your fluid????

Back