• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Infinity sound system issues

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Limited with infinidy sound system
had a batt drain awhile back found out it was the amp for the factory infinidy sound system, so disconected the amp, 2 months later hooked the amp back up and within 3min smoke started pouring out of it, in there anyway to bypass it so i can get my radio back?

Yeah, you just have to match up the amp's in wire and out wire for each speaker and splice them together. One thing I'm not sure about however is if the factory head unit that was supplied with the Infinity system provides for any of its own amplification, or if it relies solely upon the amplifier. If all amplification is provided by the amplifier, you may be SOL. I cut and spliced the Infinity amp out of the system at the same time that I replaced my head unit so I really can't say for sure.

If you can identify the wire colors at the back of each of your speakers, the above wiring diagram will help. Problem is that the diagram only shows the "in" side of the amp and the colors don't match on the "out" side, of course... :banghead:

Do the same colors come out as went in? If not, cut the outputs. and use a small battery to find the pairs, and hopefully get the phasing correct. You could open up the doors, rear sound bar, etc., and note the speaker wire colors. Find them at the amp plugs, just cut the amp out of the picture. I am 99% sure it's a speaker level input amp. Most factory jobs are. That way they can use the same head units. Just pay more, get an amp, go louder.

i got a headunit amp and a pair of 10's ready to go in, just gotta balance workin on the DD and the wheelin rig

Back