• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

chad

NAXJA Forum User
1989 Cherokee Limited
What is this, what goes here?
Where can I get a new one or parts to fix it?
0406110738.jpg

Also, can I get an aftermarket key fob for the power doors and program it for my xj? If so, where?
Thanks!

If you don't know what it is...how do you know it needs fixing?

That might be the reciever for the key FOB you're asking about, or an overhead compass/temp display. The key FOB reciever on my 95 looks similar, but yours almost looks like its missing a 'display screen'.

Haha, that's why I don't know what it is. I was thinking compass/temp too. I'd like to get the display for it and a new housing so the dang visors will stay put.

that's the receiver for the old style IR remote keyless entry. They suck, don't bother fixing it. At best it'll receive from a whopping 15 feet away, usually it won't work at all or you'll have to hold the fob against the glass and point it directly at the receiver.

It doesn't have a display, you have to get a full overhead console for that. All you're missing is the smoked plastic lens that goes over the receiver PCB.

Back