• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Swap o2 Sensor Questions

Thraxer528

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guy. First time posting but long time stalker.

I have searched and found similar situations but I guess I am just looking to clarify things.

The 4.0 in my 01 tossed a rod a couple weeks ago and in the small amounts of time I get to work on it I have got to the point of getting the replacement engine in it. It is out of a 97. I swapped all of the externals from the 01 over to the 97. The only real issues that I ran into was that the exhaust manifold off of the 2001 (2 pre-cats and 4 o2 sensors) would not bolt up to the 1997 head. The 97 exhaust header has no pre-cats and no 02 sensors. I plan to weld in 2 bungs for the 2 up stream o2 sensors and that should take care of those. My question is what should I do with the other 2 o2 sensors? (the 2 that are downstream of the pre-cats on the 01) No emissions tests here in Ohio so I'm not concerned with the missing cats I just need to know whats the best way to handle my 2 rogue sensors.

This may be a good application for o2 sims? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Phil

I'm thinking about trying a couple of these for the downstream sensors:

httpwww.o2simulator.com

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks,
Phil

Back