• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality of Rustys springs?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
I've been out of the business for a couple years and haven't kept up on the various retail kit options. But my brother picked up a 2000 XJ with a 242 tcase and D35 that I'd like to set up with a 3.5-4" lift and 32s... basically the max it can go without vibes and risking the rear axle. Of course, a tcase drop and fender trimming will be needed.

Trying to get the most bang for the buck, was going to get an RE 3.5" kit but I don't know when they'll be back. The first brands that came to mind were Rough Country and Rustys. I want to avoid RC for their super stiff stuff, but Rustys was known to either have springs netting much taller lift than advertised or springs that sagged quickly. They offer a 3" spring pack lift but wondering how it really performs. If it's a true 3" lift and won't sag, I'd couple that with an extra set of stock coil spacers and shackles for a little more lift and flex.

i had 0 issues with my rustys coils/leafs. the leaf bushings however.. they were junk after 6 months. i put 70k miles on my leafs, added an XJ 2nd longest in there before i drove it xcountry to help with the weight. i switched the coils out for RE 3.5s after about 30k miles bc i wanted something stiffer, but the rustys ones are on my buddy's XJ now and still net a tad over 3"

no experience with the RC full leafs, but i've put two 3" aal kits in and theyre not too terrible riding.

Back