• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Opinions on 1994 Jeep on craigslist needs tlc!

gregruot7

NAXJA Forum User
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/2302710820.html

I am going to look at this 1994 Jeep cherokee auto with 165k miles tomorrow, the guy said he will take $400 for it.

I was just wondering what your guys take was on the status of it. He said it is tough to start, and once he gets it started it bucks every now and then like it isn't getting fuel. It also needs an exhaust and brakes but I am going to look at it and see what else it needs. I'm thinking the injectors are shot and if not then the Crankshaft sensor or the fuel lines or even the fuel pump I really don't know.

Has anyone else seen this problem before with the bucking? Could it be a head gasket?

I am excited to fix it up either way I see potential.

Go for it! Give it a good tune-up, all fluid change, all filter change, make sure the dizzy/camPS is aligned(common bucking culprit), brakes, exhaust, and you should have a road-worthy Jeep for $1000. Chevron Techron or BG44K in the tank and a good Seafoaming through the brake booster line. RC12YLCs, Bosch O2

It could be as simple as a fuel filter. That is what my old one did when the fuel filter got really clogged.

At first I thought maybe that was Hartford WI and I was going to say for one with that clean of a body around here that is a steel. The XJ I just bought I paid quite a bit extra since it was from California and has a completely rust free body, most 90's XJ's I've seen for sale around here are all rotted out, especially at $400.

Even if it needs injectors, you can get the ford/bosch 4 hole ones off ebay for around $80 (refurbished) and you should improve gas milage a bit.

Back